In case you don't know what rainbow carrots are, they are just mulitcolored carrots. You can pick up a bunch of fresh rainbow carrots at your local farmer's market - they are gorgeous - purple, yellow, orange. The kids love all the different colors which makes it easier for you to feed your little ones!
Also, if you are buying organic carrots, make sure you resist peeling your carrots! Most likely you are peeling away important nutrients. Did you know that most nutrients in a carrot are actually in, or just below the skin? Carrots are an excellent source of carotene and other phenolic compounds, which are both antioxidants.
Yes, that's right, skipping a step of work in the kitchen AND gaining nutrients? Sounds like a win to me!
- 2 Field Roast Smoked Apple Sage sausage links, sliced at an angle
- 10-12 red potatoes, also sliced at an angle
- 2 cups rainbow carrots, cut but NOT peeled
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Coat potatoes in nutritional yeast and Montreal Steak Seasoning. Heat oil in extra large skillet on medium high heat. Add in potatoes and carrots and stir until potatoes are brown and carrots are al dente soft, usually about 10-15 minutes.
- Add sausages to frying pan and cover lid. Cook on medium low heat for another 5 minutes allowing the steam to cook all the flavors together. Serve and enjoy!